Monday, April 27, 2009

Wayne Goldstein



It is with deep sadness that we report that our friend, Wayne Goldstein, passed away today in Rockville, Maryland.

Wayne was the President of Montgomery Preservation, Inc., past President, Montgomery County Civic Federation, and a hard working member of the Silver Spring Citizens Advisory Board’s Neighborhoods Committee.

It’s hard to think of anybody who has worked harder for the residents of Montgomery County than Wayne Goldstein.

His loss is immeasurable. He will be greatly missed.

More details to follow.






Other pictures of Wayne are at this link...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanbowser/sets/72157617316792467/detail/

4 comments:

Amy Presley said...

I have never met a more tirelessly selfless community advocate and leader than Wayne Goldstein. A passionate, compassionate friend - his death is a shock and a tremendous loss to Montgomery County. I will miss him, his friendship, and especially his presence at the Planning Board. My prayers and sympathy go out to his family and friends, and to all of those in Montgomery County whose lives were touched by and made better by Wayne.

Sincerely,
Amy Presley

Steve Kanstoroom said...

Wayne was a constant force for positive change and historic preservation. Always ready to stand up for those without a voice, ever present in matters that improved the lives of citizens not just in the County, but beyond. He was a blessing to all who knew him – whether they knew it or not. He was a trusted friend, an invaluable community resource, one of kind, and truly irreplaceable.

Steve Kanstoroom

Anonymous said...

Wayne....the boy I first kissed, the man I will miss. I met Wayne when he asked me to dance at B-CC's 10th grade orientation dance. The first day of school, I felt so special when he met me outside of my homeroom class and carried my books. Later in life, we met again at a B-CC reunion and he became my boyfriend once again for several years. I have read about your successes in life with much pride. I will never forget your warm enveloping smile and bear hugs. I will miss you, Wayne. Love always, Colette

Anonymous said...

Wayne, you'll be terribly missed... we heard that Heaven gained a wonderful Landscape Architect on Monday April 27, 2009. May you joyfully rest in the arms of our Messiah Yeshua for all eternity. -- with love, your neighbors, Kim and Steve